Saturday, July 25, 2009

Sweet Natural Birth Documentary

While surfing around http://www.mothering.com/, I came across a forum post by a midwife (I believe). For a contest, she had made a documentary where ten women speak about their experience with natural birth. I really loved how the women explained birth; as a simple process where we just need to let our bodies do what they know how to do. I loved that there were women who had their first birth as a home birth, and women who had gone the "traditional" epidural route who then tried a home birth. One woman, laughingly, pointed out that you don't have to be "100 percent vegetarian... or an earth-momma type of person..." which is what I believe. I love the idea of being green/organic/nature-loving and all that jazz, but right now, it's not who I am. I'm just a regular girl who wants to have birth in a regular sort of way, the way it is supposed to be.

To see the two-part video, click here and here.

No comments:

Post a Comment