Wednesday, August 5, 2009

An Ode to Green Bell Peppers

I'm going to start this post out with a little confession: I have actually dreamed about bell peppers. Yeah, it's that serious. The craving hit unobtrusively enough two weeks ago when, while at work, I started thinking about how good bell peppers are. Then at lunch time I decided to go to Subway (read: splurge) instead of the stinky hospital cafeteria. And they had bell peppers to put on my sandwich!

It was delicious. The craving took off like a firecracker in the hands of a twelve year old boy. I have now also had bell peppers on two ham sandwiches, dutch oven chicken, french dip and grilled on hot dogs.... ooooooh yeah... hot dogs and green peppers! (Seriously. It's fantastic.)

My husband thinks I've lost it a little just because I don't think bell pepper ice cream sounds all that bad. I mean, in other countries they have carrot ice cream and avocado ice cream... is it really all that far fetched to throw bell peppers in there? I think not! No, I haven't tried it yet, because there is some part of my rational brain that says it sounds weird. Plus I'd be the only one eating it, of that I'm certain. But if I do get crazy/pregnant enough to try it, I'll take pics and let you know how it goes.

It is nice to have a healthy craving for once... last pregnancy was 9 solid months of craving Lucky Charms.

HOW TO MAKE THIS PREGNANT LADY HAPPY
Take one mini french bread loaf and cut in half. Top with ham, pile with cheddar, and add lots of sliced green peppers. Pop it in your broiler for about 5 minutes (watch it closely!) Remove, slather with olive oil mayo, and enjoy... you won't regret it, and neither will I.

And to top it all off (the post, not the sandwich), it's time for a 12 week preggo picture. You can't tell, but I'm wearing my totally awesome PREGNANT (not fat) tank top because it makes me happy. What better to wear to go out to my birthday dinner?

No comments:

Post a Comment